Tags
Being around essential oils all day has spoiled me. I want everything to have the rich, vibrant scent of real botanical extracts. Department store and drugstore products often don’t smell “quite right” to me, so I’ve turned to concocting my own versions of body washes, skin oils, linen sprays — you name it, I’ve probably tried to make it.
This body wash is a particular favorite of my boyfriend, and I steal borrow it all the time for myself. It is the perfect combination of herbal, citrus, and minty fragrances, and it REALLY gives you a boost during your morning shower. Plus, it’s super-easy to make. Below are the ingredients you will need to make your own. All of these items can be found at your local health food store or Whole Foods. The ingredients might seem pricey, but you can make several batches from this, and a little goes a long way! Feel free to play with the number of essential oil drops – some people like a lighter scent (I like mine strong!):
  • 8 oz (1 cup) of unscented liquid Castille soap
  • 102 drops of lavender essential oil
  • 48 drops of sweet orange essential oil
  • 24 drops of peppermint essential oil
  • 16 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
Tools:
  • Measuring cup
  • Dropper (many essential oils come with their own, so you might not need this)
  • Separate container for the final soap blend.
Directions: Pour 8 oz of liquid soap into your measuring container. Add the essential oil drops. Pour your blend into a bottle. Shake well. Use and enjoy!
Note: If you prefer a thicker or foamier texture, you can add a bit of vegetable glycerin or aloe vera gel to this blend. There is also an excellent tutorial herefor making a foaming body wash using a foam pump.
If you try out the recipe, I would love to hear what you think!