Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Times they are a-changing


I've seen this picture on my Facebook profile for about three weeks now. I shared it a couple of times and then I got to really thinking about the message...

"I pretend to like people everyday. It's called being an adult and THAT is why we are allowed to buy alcohol"

I started thinking.....


Is that TRUE?

Then I thought about how many times a day I pretend to be interested in what someone says, or what they are doing, or anything just to be polite so that I do not hurt their feelings or any of the things you are not allowed to do these days because it is seen as politically incorrect. 

I have to wonder...in the days before Facebook, and cell phones, and all this constant keeping in touch....did we really care about whether or not people liked us? Did we care about not hurting someone's feelings? Or did we say what we mean and mean what we say and at the end of the day if someone didn't like us oh well?

People (myself included) seem to have this urgent desire to be liked....we want you to like us and we will do whatever we have to in some cases to make sure that you do. 


Well you know what.... I don't care.....

Like me or don't your opinion doesn't matter.....I will not let you liking me or not liking me define me....

I am me....


And I don't get a rats bottom if you like me or not....


(Except for you over there in the green shirt....I want you to like me)

No comments:

Post a Comment