Friday, August 9, 2013

A Job Vs. A Career- from my point of view.

I do my job....most days.....some days more than others....but it gets done. I cuss my alarm clock every morning and I run out the door when the day is done. But I do my job....


Don't ask me how I do my job...it's hard to explain....after two years you just do it....


I remember when I first started I felt so lost....I really had no clue what was going on...but at my job it is learn fast, figure it out on your own (like yesterday) or get fired.

I almost got fired when I first started.....

There is no real "training" to be had. It is very situational....as in....I really can't show you how to do something that I do unless I have to do it....I can't re-create most scenarios that I work with on a day to day basis.

How did I last at my job for two years if I almost got fired you may ask? It's simple...


I'm a cockroach.

No seriously....


When I started there were three of us....one girl had been there 3.5 years and the other only a month longer than I.....my bosses hated me and did everything they could to try to make me quit...

Then something they were not expecting happened....


The other girls are the ones who quit...


and I was all they had....


It was not easy that first month by myself. I taught myself a lot and it took a lot of cussing most days....but I did it and now, two years and two raises (ha) later....I am still here...


This is my job.......this is not my career.


I do not see myself being here any longer than necessary, I have no fondness for my job, most days I can barely stand it.


I am going to school for a CAREER.


A job that I enjoy doing and that I actually want to do.......


To have bosses with boundaries....not ones who pay us under the national federal average for miles, don't get us paid breaks, benefits, sick time, or vacations...

Bosses that don't text you at 10, 11 o'clock at night or hell even 4:30 in the morning...


Bosses who don't tell you how rude you are when a nice word hardly ever comes out of their mouth..

And when I finally finish school...and I have that career...I can honestly say I won't miss this job....


One bit.







No comments:

Post a Comment