Tuesday, August 6, 2013

make your own hand sanitizer

Hand Sanitizer | The Dabblist
Hand Sanitizer. Sometimes it’s just necessary, know what I mean?
But conventional sanitizers contain high amounts of alcohol and synthetic fragrances that strip your hands of vital oils and dry you out. The recipe below contains key anti-bacterial essential oils and soothing aloe to get your hands clean, happy, and healthy.
I think this would be a great project for mamas to give out to friends or send with their kiddos to school. I keep a bottle at my desk at work for post-sneeze attacks, and have found my coworkers asking for a quick spritz throughout the day.
Hand Sanitizer | The Dabblist
Ingredients
1 oz water
1 oz vodka
1 tsp aloe vera gel
1/2 tsp. vegetable glycerin
2 drops each of clove, rosemary, cinnamon and eucalyptus oils
12 drops tea tree essential oil
Pour water and vodka into a glass bottle, leaving half an inch empty at top. Add aloe vera, vegetable glycerine and essential oils. Shake before use. Store in a cool, dark area for 6 months.
Hand Sanitizer | The Dabblist
Want to know where I buy my essential oils? I rely on the beauty of the internet. You can easily get most ingredients through Amazon (and you can get free shipping if you have a Prime membership!), but my go-to is Mountain Rose Herbs. They provide high quality, organic ingredients in sustainable packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment