Thursday, August 8, 2013

How One Woman Changed my Life...and we've never even met.

I've been trying to keep up on my blogging and I promise that I will share more amazing things that I find in a little while but I just wanted to stop and take a moment and just visit.

Just to sit down and talk a while.

I know some people find it confusing. I was engaged, now I'm not, now I'm dating; who is this, what is that, what is going on, I don't know, it's so confusing, what to do......


Normally before I wouldn't have dreamed to be doing what I am doing now. Dating, trying to find someone who loves me for me, and who doesn't just want me because of what I can give him. Looking for someone who compliments me, not just flatters, and someone who wants the same things that I do and has the same values.....

How did  I come about this change you may ask?


Well, I want to introduce you the person who has been most beneficial to my self esteem. Brittany Gibbons (http://brittanyherself.com).

This woman has changed the way people like myself, view themselves and it is all for the better. She has reinforced that we are beautiful, each and every one of us and we shouldn't make any changes to ourselves for anyone other than ourselves.

I have sent a couple of messages to Brittany but Lord only knows how many she gets in a day and I never expect a response, they are more therapy for me than for anything else. I wanted to share a few of them with you. The first was sent while I was still engaged, the second I just sent a few minutes ago but both show the profoundness of what she has shown me and how much it is desperately needed in the plus size community.


Message One: April 29th, 2:11pm
2:11pm
I know you probably get 15 million FB messages a day but I just had to share what happened this weekend with you. My fiancee and I have been together for what seems like forever! When I first found your blog I was telling him all about it and about how you are trying to make women feel better about themselves and to love themselves for who they are, which was amazing to me because I grew being told "I would be pretty if...... - I lost weight - I wore dresses - I wore make up etc, well this weekend I was stalki....reading your blog and came across your TED episode. So as I was watching it I started to notice that my fiancee wasn't killing monsters as frequently on his game, and as your clothes came off he leaned over close and close and when you were finally there in your bathing suit he finally goes "what the hell are you watching?!" to which I simply replied " you remember me telling you about that blog I found that was completely inspiring and I loved reading and finally made me feel good about myself. It's her and she is the most amazing thing to happen in my life....since you of course dear" But don't worry....I think you are more amazing than him! Don't stop what you are doing....we need it down here!




Message Two:

13 minutes ago
1:38pm
Brittany- this one is for you.....I started reading your blog and stalking...I mean following you about 4 months ago, and in those four months you have changed my world. I bought and have received my first two pairs of shorts in about 10 years. Probably longer. I pulled them out of the bag and stared at them....sighed and put them on trying not the think about the number on the tag and how the tag should be bigger to make the number look smaller...and I smiled...I ran downstairs to show my sister who lives to rag on me...I stood in the door way to the laundry room where she was swapping loads and said " what do you think" she looked at me for a second, cocked her head to the side and said "you need some sun" I sighed and shifted feet "well, I know that....what do you think about the shorts?!" and as I waited for her response she looked at me again and said " IDK I can't tell where the shorts end and your legs begin, they're the same color!!" I threw the dish towel at her....but I know they must look good cause she is the first one who would tell me if they really didn't.... So, tonight as I put on my shorts for a date with the British guy I met the other day, I will think of you and know that just because I am not skinny, does not mean I am not beautiful...and I will thank my lucky stars I found you (in a totally non creepy way)



So the next time that you see someone who does not fit your point of view on what people should be think...who are you to judge and who are you to say what is right and what is wrong....cause the way I see it.

God made man in his image, and I've never met God so I don't know what he looks like...


So maybe you know something I don't know....and maybe (more likely scenario) you need to get your head out of your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment