Wednesday, June 4, 2014

17 Personal Care Products You Will Never Have To Buy Again-#1

17 Personal Care Products You Will Never Have To Buy Again



17 Personal Care Products You Will Never Have To Buy Again

#1

Honey Face Wash Simple and natural recipe that nourishes skin and helps fight acne Homemade Honey Face Wash
I’ve shared before how I wash my face with oil and how that has been the best skin care routine I’ve ever used. Some readers commented that they still hadn’t found the right combination of oils for their skin type, so I wanted to share another natural face wash I recently found…

Honey.

Sound strange? So does cleansing your face with oil, but it turns out that they are both natural and effective ways to cleanse skin naturally.
For this method, raw honey must be used. Raw honey has natural anti-bacterial properties and contains enzymes and probiotics that are good for skin. This method can be especially good for acne-prone skin as it doesn’t stop moisture from the skin but does reduce oils and bacteria. (Acne is usually in internal problem though, so it is important to look at diet too!)
Honey is gentler than soaps, which strip the skin of beneficial oils, and it gently nourishes skin. I know a local vet who has even used raw honey to speed skin healing on animals as it helps reduce bacteria and speed healing while protecting the skin from outside disturbances. This idea appears to have some scientific backing, as there are now medical grade ointments (like this one) that use honey for wound and burn healing in humans.

What I Use:

I’ve personally tried two different types of honey for facial cleansing:
Both seem to work really well. Manuka honey is considered more cleansing and antibacterial (and has health benefits when used internally) but from what I found, either one works great for skin care (and raw honey is cheaper).
A friend of mine also recommended adding a tiny bit of vitamin C powder (which is also great for skin) and some essential oils for extra anti-bacterial and acne fighting power. Personally, I mix a few drops of lavender and frankincense oils in to the honey I keep in my bathroom.
I also still use the Oil Cleansing Method daily and I use honey for a second wash if needed. Typically, I wash my face at night with the oil cleansing method since it also removes makeup, and wash my face in the morning with the honey method if I use it. I keep a small jar and spoon of honey on my bathroom counter for this purpose….

How to Do it:

Wet face with warm water. Place a small amount of honey in your hands (Usually less than a teaspoon is plenty) and rub your hands together. ( I use this honey)
Massage in to skin in a circular motion to get all areas of the skin.
Optional: Leave on for 5-10 minutes for deep pore cleansing.
Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
Enjoy the soft skin!
Have you ever washed your face with an unusual ingredient? Share below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment