Thursday, June 5, 2014

Online Surveys are a waste of time!

Is this what you think? You think they are nothing but ways to spam your inbox while never delivering and that you can't make ANY money from them?

Think again.


Just keep reading. Trust me. It'll rock your world.  I have two kids- 9 & 6- both girls- I work and go to school- money is always tight.....and I decided I wanted to start canning again...but canning supplies are expensive.

I take surveys online- I have several sites I work through (those will be at the end) but I wanted to give everyone a break down of what I bought and what I actually paid for my canning supplies (please keep in mind that I have Amazon Prime and all my cash outs from my surveys were in Amazon Gift Cards.



Here we go!


First off- my Water Bath

Here is the one I bought:



Item(s) Subtotal:$19.97
Shipping & Handling:$0.00
-----
Total before tax:$19.97
Sales Tax:$1.65
Gift Card Amount:-$18.12
-----
Total for This Shipment:$3.50
Total paid by Gift Card:-$18.12
-----




So if you notice I had an odd balance on my gift cards (I had bought something previously) but I still only paid $3.50 for this.


Next I bought my Stock Pot:

Item(s) Subtotal:$14.97
Shipping & Handling:$0.00
-----
Total before tax:$14.97
Estimated tax to be collected:$1.24
Gift Card Amount:-$16.00
-----
Grand Total:$0.21


So there you have it.....$0.21.....so for $3.71 I got the two main things I need to start canning.  The next purchase I made was for a food processor.


Here is the one I got:

Item(s) Subtotal:$28.00
Shipping & Handling:$0.00
-----
Total before tax:$28.00
Estimated tax to be collected:$2.31
Gift Card Amount:-$18.86
-----
Grand Total:$11.45

This one is a bit different, even though $11.45 is a great price, I had $9 in paypal cash from a different survey company (that doesn't offer Amazon Gift Cards) so the actual end price on this was $2.45.


So the math:


Retail:   68.14
Gift Cards: 52.98
Other Survey Cash: 9.00

Total Out of Pocket:  $6.16




But yeah, Online Surveys TOTALLY aren't worth it. 




Wanna earn some great stuff for free/cheap?  Check out my favorite sites!





ALL of these sites offer pay outs to places such as Amazon, Paypal, and MANY MANY more. 


But like you said....


Waste of time right?




No comments:

Post a Comment