Making Your Own Sugar Scrub:
- Use this to exfoliate every other week or so in the winter on your face as a way to rejuvenate the skin and shed dead skin cells. It’s like a homemade facial.
- Why ginger? Ginger is great for sensitive skin, acting as an anti-inflammatory agent to decrease redness and help with skin disorders. It also works to energize skin, making your skin tighter and more youthful, and I’ve heard it’s been used on other problem areas, too.
- The coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so this will be a bit thicker when mixed with the other oil, which I appreciate. It’s soft enough to scoop out, but it’s not runny. You could always use all cold-pressed oils if you want a thinner scrub consistency.
- It may seem counter-intuitive, but oil will not cause your face to be greasy. On the contrary, healthy oils will dissolve the dirty oils that collect on your face, leaving you with clean, clear and moisturized skin naturally.
- Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and a jar of this would make a wonderful gift to the special people in your life. We can all use a little bit of pampering every now and then.