Monday, April 15, 2013

Suddenly Me....


So, I've been absent. I'm sorry. Life happened, school happened, I got pinned. It happens. I have trolling Austin and Corpus and Facebook and Pinterest and all things entertaining. So, yeah. Sue me. You won't get much but it would be entertaining. You can find me on Pinterest if you are into things like that here:




http://pinterest.com/julietsfolly/


I'd give you my Facebook but I don't love you that much. Yet.....got any chocolate?




So, I've been reading this blog, and it has really opened my eyes to somethings about myself that I want to change. I want to be more comfortable being myself. And I am going to make that happen. Starting with another hair cut. I am literally doing the Shaggy Dog look right now constantly pushing my hair out of my fair. I am also going to color it, like I have always wanted to. With highlights. The whole nine. Yeah.




I am also going to chunk a good half of my closet and start buying clothes that I like, and that flatter me, and that I want to wear.




That's happening this weekend.




I am also going to devote more time to blogging, make the time either in the morning or before I go to bed.  I can't always promise, but I am going to try my best.




In the end, that is all that anyone can ask for.




And to end...some hilarity..this is so my mom in 30 years...or me in 70...i'm not sure:




Little Old Lady In Court...

Defense Attorney: Will you please state your age? 
Old Lady: I am 94 years old. 
Defense Attorney: Will you tell us, in your own wo...rds, what happened the night of April 1st? 
Old Lady: There I was, sitting there in my swing on my front porch on a warm spring evening, when a young man comes creeping up on the porch and sat down beside me. 
Defense Attorney: Did you know him? 
Old Lady: No, but he sure was friendly. 
Defense Attorney: What happened after he sat down? 
Old Lady: He started to rub my thigh. 
Defense Attorney: Did you stop him? 
Old Lady: No, I didn't stop him. 
Defense Attorney: Why not? 
Little Old Lady: It felt good. Nobody had done that since my Albert died some 30 years ago. 
Defense Attorney: What happened next? 
Old Lady: He began to rub all over of my body. 
Defense Attorney: Did you stop him then? 
Old Lady: No, I did not stop him. 
Defense Attorney: Why not? 
Old Lady: His rubbing made me feel all alive and excited. I haven't felt that good in years! 
Defense Attorney: What happened next? 
Old Lady: Well, by then, I was feeling so "spicy" that I just laid down and told him 'Take me, young man. Take me now! ' 
Defense Attorney: Did he take you? 
Old Lady: Hell, no! He just yelled, "April Fool!" 
And that's when I shot him, the little bastard.



Speaking of Brittany, I am going to take a page out of her blog and say the following:




I don't give a fuck what you think about my body. Keep it to yourself, or don't, if that is what you need. If in your mind you need me to feel about MYSELF the way you feel about YOURSELF, because that makes it hurt less, so be it. But for the sake of my daughter I am over this woman to woman genocide. While men sometimes chime in with the always biting superficial generalities like "You're fat" or "You're ugly", it's girls and women who are better crafted for emotional terrorism. Slicing away at the achilles until our victims are left feeling completely devoid of value and unfit for love, friendship or in extreme cases, are air. And then something catastrophic occurs and we all sit around shaking our heads wondering, how did this happen? How did we get here? This is how. Knock it the fuck off.




(To read the full article please click here: http://brittanyherself.com/)




I have spent my whole entire life feeling  that I was not good enough, not pretty enough, and almost not WORTHY enough to be happy. Yeah, I've struggled with my weight my whole entire life, and let's face it, no one in my family is skinny, we are big boned, meat eating, going all the way people. But as a family we were always HAPPY with each other, and then the media changed the way we viewed eachother, and ourselves. Suddenly it was, You'd be pretty if......if you just cut out THIS you would lose some of that weight....there was no more, you are perfect just the way you are....it was " you are lacking something" . Differences do not make you bad, yeah, I know my weight is a health concern, yes, I try to do something about it, and  yes I need help to get where I can be healthy. And I am going to get it. Just as soon as I possibly can. Which is probably going to be this summer.




I am already FABULOUS! More's the pity if you didn't already know it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment